Hill-Murray edged Mahtomedi 3-2 in the Metro East Conference opener between two state-ranked teams on Thursday evening at Aldrich Arena. The Pioneers (2-2) outshot Mahtomedi 58-22 but Zephyr goalie Ben Dardis made 55 saves. Axel Begley got one past him for a 3-2 lead at 13:21 of the third period, after Cory Bohmert pulled Mahtomedi even at 10:31. The first period ended 0-0 with Dardis stopping 26 shots. Brent Gulenchyn scored for Zephyrs in the second period, while Ben Miller and Brady Ingebritson scored for Hill-Murray.
- Girls basketball: Cougars win at Anoka 58-48
- Gymnastics: Zephyrs beat SSP, finish duals unbeaten
- Boys hockey: Bears romp at Roseville 13-0
- Boys hockey: Hastings rallies to clip Zephyrs 4-3
- Boys basketball: Anoka tops Cougars 79-69
- Boys hockey: Mustangs trip Forest Lake 7-4
- Boys hockey: Cougars rout Blaine 9-1, Blair nets 4 goals
- Boys basketball: Kirk, Mustangs top Woodbury in OT
- A perfect storm of construction heads to south Mahtomedi
- Roadmap points all directions for soon-to-be ex-White Bear Lake city planner
- Rooney farm: from green plants to green homes
- Landings of Lexington residents want their voices heard
- White Bear Township unveiled as Hockey Day 2023 host
- Change in leadership on the horizon at Northeast Youth and Family Services
- Mahtomedi School Board implements open forum
- White Bear Lake Police Reports
- Legislators tell district to ‘be patient,’ ‘maybe next year’
- Birkeland set for Olympic Games
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Approximately 80 percent of people fail to stick to their New Year's resolutions. Instead of grand over-reaching goals, sometimes smaller more manageable resolutions can help make you feel better and build confidence to make real life changes over time.