An individual swimming in White Bear Lake off of Lake Avenue went under in the wind and weeds and did not resurface Friday, Aug. 20. Passengers sat helpless on the rental pontoon blown into the Lake Avenue shoreline while police, fire rescue and County boats searched. Emergency responders found the victim and used a local resident's dock to transport them to a vehicle on Lake Avenue. The victim was brought to the hospital but didn’t survive.
- Football: Bears thump Totino-Grace 35-14, head into playoffs 6-2
- Citizen 2021 Voters’ Guide
- Football: Cougars finish rough schedule 4-4 with loss to Woodbury
- Football: Zephyrs top Packers 35-12, take 6-2 mark into playoffs
- Pumpkins blossom into yearly tradition
- Window seat offers great view of Hugo
- Cross country: Mahtomedi girls are MEC champions, boys place 3rd
- Girls soccer: Mustangs blank Crimson 2-0 to earn state trip
- Circle Pines resident’s ‘Nightmare Before Christmas’ display is back for 3rd year
- Letters to the Editor
- Letters to the editor
- White Bear Lake Area 2021 Voters’ Guide
- Ramsey County Sheriff’s Reports
- Girls soccer: Bears finally get past semifinals as Maloy leads OT win over Raptors
- Washington County Sheriff Reports
- Changes coming to Whitaker Street intersection
- Lino Lakes cyclist hopes to help needy with medical supplies
- Royal homecoming wave
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
This year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is highly recommending trick-or-treating outside in small groups and avoiding crowded indoor Halloween parties. Masks are also encouraged.