The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office reported the following incidents:
• A 30-year-old man was found dead the afternoon of April 7 at a residence in the 20th block of Deer Hills Drive. An investigation continues.
• Acting on a tip, staff at Chippewa Middle School conducted a search of a student’s locker the afternoon of April 10 and found suspected narcotics. The questionable material was placed into property for testing.
• A known shoplifter was arrested April 13 at Walgreen’s in the 600 block of Village Center Drive for stealing food and Newport cigarettes valued at a total of $303.
• An intoxicated 64-year-old St. Paul male driver left the roadway in the area of Hamline Avenue and Rice Creek Trail on April Fool’s Day and was taken into custody on a third-degree DWI charge.
• A rear passenger window was smashed, and a backpack, headphones, jacket and pair of gloves went missing in the predawn hours of April 2 in the underground garage in the 1000 block of Gramsie Road.
• A Kawasaki four-wheeler was reported stolen in the wee hours of April 2 following forced entry to that same underground garage in the 1000 block of Gramsie Road.
• A vehicle window was broken, and a laptop computer was stolen in the early morning hours of April 2 in the underground garage in the 1000 block of Gramsie Road. An investigation is underway.
• A resident in the 1700 block of Hillview Road fell victim to the “computer repair scam” on April 2, turning over $5,246 on his debit card to the scammer. The funds were reimbursed by the man’s bank along with some advice on preventing future scams.
• A kitchen cupboard theft was reported the evening of April 2 in the 800 block of Lawnview Avenue where an unknown amount of cash disappeared from a jar. Information was provided on a possible suspect.
• A vehicle careening westbound down Highway 96 near Snail Lake Boulevard April 4 struck a light pole, left the highway and traveled down an embankment — just missing a holding pond — before striking a retaining wall. The driver, a 26-year-old Otsego man, was transported to Regions for treatment of his injuries and an evaluation of a possible medical condition.
• A spud shot from a potato gun broke the front window of a Richmond Avenue residence the evening of April 6. No suspects.
• A 51-year-old St. Paul woman was arrested the afternoon of April 7 at the Shoreview Community Center for assaulting a juvenile. No other information was released.
• Responding to a report of a domestic situation the afternoon of April 7 on Lawnview Avenue, deputies arrested a 61-year-old local man. No other information was released.
• A deputy arriving at the scene of a property damage crash at Lexington Avenue and Ridge Creek Road the night of April 10 arrested one of the drivers, a 29-year-old Circle Pines man, who was booked into jail on a second-degree DWI charge.
• A 62-year-old Mounds View woman was arrested the afternoon of April 10 for shoplifting at the Shoreview Target in the 3800 block of Lexington Avenue.
• A 25-year-old South St. Paul man was arrested the evening of April 12 in the 100 block of Grass Lake Place for possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle.
• A 30-year-old local woman reported April 13 that her ex-boyfriend had just driven off from Owasso Street in her vehicle. The burned vehicle was recovered in Brooklyn Park but was a total loss. An investigation is underway.
• A work van with tools inside went missing in the early morning hours of April 13 from the 4000 block of Lexington Avenue.
• An investigation continues as to shots fired in the late-night hours of April 13 in the 4100 block of Lexington Avenue.