The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office reported the following incidents:
• A 31-year-old shoplifter from Minneapolis who left the scene at Walgreens in the 600 block of Village center Drive was identified March 6 and mailed a citation for theft.
• An iPad and a cell phone were stolen the evening of March 8 from an unlocked vehicle while the driver was inside a Village Center restaurant having dinner.
• A 54-year-old local man was found dead the afternoon of March 3 at the Island Lake boat ramp from an apparent suicide, according to the county medical examiner. An investigation continues.
• A credit card issued to a construction company was used illegally at multiple locations, according to a March 5 report. The loss was in excess of $10,000. An investigation is underway.
• A 48-year-old New Brighton man was arrested the night of March 6 in the 700 block of Larson Lane for DWI and booked into jail.
• A sick raccoon that was foaming at the mouth and using the homeowner’s deck as a restroom was relocated the morning of March 7 from the 1400 block of County Road I.
• A deer, apparently sick or injured because it kept getting up and falling down, was dispatched the afternoon of March 7 in the 800 block of Cannon Avenue.
• A traffic stop in the 3800 block of Lexington Avenue on March 7 resulted in the arrest of a 33-year-old St. Paul man for possession of a stun gun or BB gun by a convicted felon. The suspect’s car was impounded, and he was booked into jail.
• A catalytic converter went missing from a delivery vehicle belonging to Brighton Cleaners over the weekend of March 9 in the 4500 block of Hodgson Road. No suspects.
• A 22-year-old man was arrested in the pre-dawn hours of March 10 in the 4600 block of Victoria Street and booked into jail on a DWI charge.
• A 52-year-old local man was arrested March 10 in the 1000 block of Sherwood Road following a physical altercation between the suspect and an 18-year-old man. No other details were released.
• The rear passenger window in an 18-year-old local female’s vehicle was shattered the night of March 11 in the Shoreview Community Center lot and her purse was stolen. The purse and contents were recovered, except for a debit card which was found a few miles away but had not been used.
• A 21-year-old Plymouth man was arrested in the 3700 block of Lexington Avenue on an outstanding felony warrant following a March 14 traffic stop. He was also charged with possession of a firearm by an ineligible person.
• An opportunistic burglar entered an apartment through an unlocked door March 15 in the 3500 block of Owasso Street, rummaging through drawers and making off with a television. An investigation is underway.
• An 18-year-old Brooklyn Park man reported his wallet lost or stolen the night of March 15 in the 3700 block of Lexington Avenue. His debit card had been immediately put to use.
• Deputies responded March 15 to a report of a 20-year-old woman who was beating her twin sister with a cell phone. The suspect was gone, however, when deputies arrived at the scene in the 1000 block of Gramsie Road. An investigation continues.
• A 25-year-old Harriet Avenue resident reported that she sold her laptop computer March 16 but the payment she received proved to be bogus. An investigation is active.