Age 82 of Brooklyn Park, passed away peacefully on July 8, 2021. Judy was born to Emil and Irma Bohn in Mason City, Iowa Following graduation from Mason City High School, Judy earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Home Economics Education from Iowa State University. While attending summer school at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Judy met Edward “Ned” McCall and after both graduating from Iowa State, they were married and just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in 2020. Judy was a devoted wife and mother to three children and later in life, worked for the University of Minnesota Bookstores for 17 years. Judy loved to spend time with her family and travel on many vacations and trips throughout the US and Europe. Judy loved to read, write thank you notes with her flawless handwriting, give presents, make gingerbread Christmas cookies and attend events her children and grandchildren participated in. Judy was an active member of First Lutheran Church in White Bear Lake, MN. Survived by her loving husband, Edward “Ned”; children Scott (Denise) McCall, Cathy (Mark) Schmidt and Douglas (Kim) McCall; sister Mary (Don) Eichner; grandchildren James (Nikki) McCall, Andrew McCall, Matt (Nikki) McCall, Caroline (Preston Jasper) Schmidt and Jonny Schmidt; and seven great-grandchildren. Special thanks to the staff at The Willows for their loving care of Judy. Celebration of Life will be Friday, Sept. 3, 2021 at 11 a.m., CST with visitation one hour prior at Mount Olivet Lutheran Church in Plymouth, 12235 Old Rockford Road, Plymouth, Minnesota, along with a Facebook live stream. Gearty-Delmore, 763-553-1411. In lieu of flowers, please send memorials to The Alzheimer’s Association.
- Football: Bears thump Totino-Grace 35-14, head into playoffs 6-2
- Football: Cougars finish rough schedule 4-4 with loss to Woodbury
- Football: Zephyrs top Packers 35-12, take 6-2 mark into playoffs
- Cross country: Mahtomedi girls are MEC champions, boys place 3rd
- Girls soccer: Mustangs blank Crimson 2-0 to earn state trip
- Boys soccer: Mustangs topple Park Center and No. 1 Maple Grove for section crown
- Boys soccer: Duluth East ends Cougar reign 3-0
- Girls soccer: Cougars thump Andover 7-2, head for state
- Circle Pines resident’s ‘Nightmare Before Christmas’ display is back for 3rd year
- Letters to the Editor
- Letters to the editor
- Girls soccer: Bears finally get past semifinals as Maloy leads OT win over Raptors
- White Bear Lake Area 2021 Voters’ Guide
- Ramsey County Sheriff’s Reports
- Washington County Sheriff Reports
- Changes coming to Whitaker Street intersection
- Lino Lakes cyclist hopes to help needy with medical supplies
- Royal homecoming wave
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
This year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is highly recommending trick-or-treating outside in small groups and avoiding crowded indoor Halloween parties. Masks are also encouraged.