The Forest Lake Police Department reported the following incidents:



Police responded to a report of a male talking to himself and throwing items at the complainant’s vehicle at 6:15 p.m. May 22 on the 300 block of Second Avenue NW. The caller reported that the man had been walking around the complainant’s vehicle, and suddenly threw an object at the vehicle that smashed the front windshield. He then walked to a nearby vehicle and began pulling on the spoiler. The owner of the vehicle yelled at him, after which he jumped onto the rear trunk and began jumping up and down on the trunk and rear windshield. Police arrived and located the male, a 25-year-old Columbus man, and made contact. Officers noticed him chewing on something unusual and was advised to spit it out, revealing that it was a circuit board, believed to be from his phone. His was sweating profusely, displayed constricted pupils and was rambling incoherently; symptoms consistent with heavy narcotic use. He was handcuffed due to erratic behavior. The man was cited with criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct. He was arrested and booked and held at Washington County Jail. 



Police responded to a report of a man who was stumbling down the road on Scandia Trail North at 3:06  a.m., May 18. Police made contact with the 26-year-old Blaine man, whose behavior was erratic. He appeared to be under the influence of a controlled substance. While officers attempted to detain him, the man resisted and officers were forced to take him to the ground, where he continued to struggle. He was eventually secured and transported to Mercy Hospital. 

A crash occurred on Scandia Trail North at 7:07 p.m. May 20. A witness was walking nearby when he heard a motorcycle coming west at a very high rate of speed. When the motorcycle came over the top of the hill, the driver slammed on the rear brakes and the back tire let loose, sending the motorcycle skidding. The driver, a 31-year-old Forest Lake man, was sitting up on the side of the road when police arrived, but appeared to have severe head trauma. He smelled of alcohol and refused to take a preliminary breath test. He was loaded into an ambulance and transported to Hosanna Lutheran Church to be airlifted to North Memorial Hospital.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.