Revisit Hugo’s past

The Train Depot was built in 1871, with the 1.5 story section measuring 18 feet by 21 feet and the one story section measuring 18 feet by 49 feet.   

Those who attend this year’s Good Neighbor Days are invited to revisit Hugo’s past, look at historic photos and memorabilia, hear stories and share Hugo’s heritage while checking out the Hugo Historical Commission’s display from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 8 and 9 in the Oneka Room at City Hall. One of the items on display will be Father Fortin’s chaplain uniform and chaplain kit from World War II. Fortin was a priest at St. John’s for 29 years and instrumental in starting the Hugo American Legion. The public is asked to share their memories of Hugo, old and new, and bring photos, documents, stories, journals, letters, family papers and other memorabilia.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.